Thursday, March 17, 2011

Conscious or Blind Eye?

I awoke this morning with so much on my mind! I just want a clear head....
get my mind off of myself...

In my morning reading I was in Isaiah 49 and the promises that the Lord offers are more than one little tender -human heart can bear. Yet I read on, I cling, I tuck away into a secret place...where I can later pull them out in time of need. Yet all around me I feel Him whispering.
"I am the Main Objective, seek ME."

"I want you to desire me above all else and I will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4, my paraphrase)

"Don't walk away from your first love" (thought taken from Revelation 2:4)


The Lord allowed me to read a passage by Joyce Meyer's concerning the love of God. She speaks of being CONSCIOUS of His love for us.

There is a difference between "knowing" and "really knowing". 

I want to really know!


Isn't that the message of 1,000 gifts by Ann Voskamp?  Isn't that what I have been studying and praying about? Isn't this what all the lists and the writing down of gifts are? Acknowledging and seeing the gifts for what they are? Love gifts from a Father who adores his children and longs to lavish His love on them. 


(Whether or not they accept it...)


Every single second, every moment is grace! A gift from God...yet I am only on #234. Can it be that I just don't see? Am I just not looking? The Bible says He reveals himself to us constantly through His creation! Why am I not seeing? How can I not be more aware? Am I conscious of His love for me? 


Or am I really that wrapped up in myself? 


Not today! Despite my past mistakes, selfishness, bad attitudes...He gives me another second, another day to "choose the better thing" and I will not let that be taken away from me. Though I may fall seven times I WILL get back up again. 

Proverbs 24:16 
 For a righteous man 
falls seven times, 
and rises again,
         But the wicked stumble 
in time of calamity.


I will open my eyes to see...see the gifts and the grace of each moment...Help me Jesus! Give me eyes to see...always seeing! 


"Worship is a way of seeing the world through the light of God" - Abraham Joshua Heschel

No comments:

Post a Comment