Tuesday, March 15, 2011

He whispers, I cling

The very essence of the Bible is to know Him. His heart, His will, His plan, His glory
 His beautiful love letter written to us to guide, remind, teach, encourage, strengthen, chastise, develope, embrace, educate...


When I first learned to listen, He gave me two words. 


SPEAK


TEACH


I thought for sure I would be a teacher. When I was a little girl that is what I wanted to go to college for. But when I tried, I felt the Lord close the door on that one. Albeit ever so gently, the message was the same, "No love, that is not what I had in mind for you." The days, months, years following I have sought to find out what it is that He DID have in mind for me. Yet, till this day I have not found that one thing. Perhaps, because the "one thing" that I seek is not meant to be found in ONE pretty little package. Perhaps, he prefer that I seek my assignment daily...allowing Him to move and work so as not to bring glory or pain to myself by making things happen. It all goes back to dependence. Being right where He wants me.


 So back to the Book I go. Reminding myself of all of the promises He has written for me. Reminding myself, that despite what I may feel, or what people say about who I am, the Creator's words are the only ones that matter! I cling with every fiber, every breath, to believe what He says! It isn't always easy...But I fight to lean in, to hear, to grasp that "still, small voice" and I hold on to it as tightly as I can! 



Ephesians 1:11 (The Message)


 11-12It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I cling...

    how many things in this life have I clung to and realize I was really holding on to nothing...until God showed up in my llfe.

    The bible, that truly beautiful love letter from the One who loves us with an unfailing love...why than do we find it so hard to CLING until we have nothing else....

    Well, I can only speak for myself and my answer to that is...Lord I cling because I now believe that You are who You say You are and You do what You say You will do and You will never leave me nor will You ever forsake me...

    Thank you Lord, You speak and I cling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it's almost like i am reading his love letter and i'm like wow, what a lucky girl...but i forget that lucky girl is ME i'm just not living it...

    ReplyDelete