Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Beauty of Crossing Over


“I’m willing to leave the familiar, I’m willing to leave what I know if you go with me. I’m willing to go where you lead me, I’m willing to do what you say, if you stay with me. Crossing over, leaving all I know behind, crossing over and not knowing what I’ll find. Crossing over leaving all I know behind, crossing over knowing it’s You I’ll find.”
lyrics by Kathi Wilson 

The other day I read a blog by Sarah Mae, entitled "Following the Wind". I found these lyrics there. 
You can read her post here.

Her writing just spoke to my heart in a way that I can not even explain! I am so thankful that the Lord uses others words and their obedience to meet me in places they may never even know about. Oh how our obedience is so much bigger than us, it reaches out and touches the masses...

I have been struggling for the past couple of months with a decision that I had a really hard time making. I knew that the Lord was inviting me to follow him into new territory. Into a land I could not see; in a direction He would not reveal to me until I took the first step. 

But for a couple of months I just sat. Allowing fear to debilitate me and paralyze me to stay in the comfy and the familiar. I finally took that step and it was not easy. That first day I struggled. 
Torn, sad, afraid
Excited, glad, relieved

Now, I have this peace that surpasses all understanding!

Phillipians 4:6-7

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Don't know where it is taking me; but I have an expectation of God's faithfulness in my life! Dreams, plans, desires that I thought were dead being awakened! Praise the Lord for resurrection! 


May you see the Lord in a brand new way, and experience His love in ways you never thought possible this Easter Sunday and in 2011!



No comments:

Post a Comment